Of course as we approach the months, we will begin to crave more comfort foods. This of course means that we will be eating calorie packed foods, which can result in weight gain, specially after Thanksgiving! During these times we have to remember, it's okay to indulge! We just have to eat in moderation, everything in moderation is good! When we over-indulge, then we begin to stray away from our path. Here are a few tips from EatRight.com to help us out during these comfort food filled upcoming seasons!
- If you plan on treating yourself later, start your day with a small meal that includes whole grains, fruit, dairy foods and protein like eggs, ham or peanut butter.
- Don't starve yourself beforehand. Rather, eat a small, lower-calorie meal or snack such as fruit or a bagel so you aren’t tempted to overdo your calorie intake for the day.
- Select carefully between foods you definitely will eat, those you will sample and those you will skip.
- Don’t rush to eat. Socialize and settle into the festivities before you eat.
- Move your socializing away from the buffet or appetizer trays. This will minimize the unconscious nibbling.
- When it comes to drinking alcohol, start with a calorie-free, nonalcoholic beverage. Satisfy your thirst before having an alcoholic drink. It is recommended that women have only one to two drinks per day and two to three drinks per day for men.