Thursday, September 27, 2012
And with Halloween on it's way, we often forget to watch how many candy bars we're eating, or pumpkin spice lattes, or delicious fall pastries, you name it! All those delicious Fall foods! But you know, there are better alternatives to these empty calorie packed October-December foods, and sometimes portion control and watching our ingredients plays a big role on weight gain. Eating in moderation is very important. So lets take a look at some delicious October foods that are sure to scare your socks off!! (Because of how great they taste and how little calories they pack!!)
CARAMEL APPLE PIZZA
1 slice caramel apple pizza has 238 calories, 36 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein.
SWEET POTATO CHIPS
1 large sweet potato has 162 calories, 37 grams of carbohydrates, 6 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein.
STOVE-TOP KETTLE CORN
1 cup of kettle corn is 185 calories, 27 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein.
PUMPKIN SPICE CASHEW CHEESE DIP
A couple of tablespoons of this delicious pumpkin spice cashew cheese dip have 99 calories, 10 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein. Plus, did I mention it's Vegan!
HOME-MADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
A delicious cup of pumpkin spice latte has 92 calories, 14 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein! This is also a vegan recipe, but you can substitute condensed milk or any other milk if you want!
Thank you all for reading, I hope you have a wonderful last week of September, and brace yourselves for October! It's going to be a blast!
P.S. Also remember to drink water (or Alkaline Ionized Water if you can!) During these cooler months we tend to not drink as much water as we should and we easily become dehydrated! Don't let that happen to you! Drink up, Cheers and Happy Fall!
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Don't miss out on a great chance to win a brand new IE 300 Water Ionizer! Entering is super easy! You only have to follow two simple steps!
1) Click here and like us on Facebook, once you like us, share our promo image on your page!
2) Click here and follow us on Pinterest, once you follow us, share our promo image on your Pinterest!
And that's it, you have now entered to win the most amazing and life changing machine on the planet, the almighty IE 300 water ionizer! Over $800 in value! And in case you are wondering, we are also giving away other prizes like a shower head filter and BPA-Free water bottles! So don't wait, ENTER NOW!!! Last day to enter is December 15, 2012! Good Luck!
Friday, September 7, 2012
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Created by: www.OnlineNursingPrograms.com
I had gone for such a long time without drinking Coke. Then suddenly one day I was offered a glass of Coke and, of course, I accepted. Afterwards, when I got home I had a sudden urge to drink another glass of Coke. See, this is why I had tried to avoid drinking Coke for such a long time, because as soon as I drink it, I am hooked on that sweet carbonated experience that cannot be compared to any other taste experience on the planet. This feeling is not only experienced by me. In fact, there are lots of loyal Coke drinkers out there that cannot function without having their daily dose. The real battle is telling your brain NO! when it tells you it wants another one. I'm proud of myself, I didn't drink the other Coke. However most Coke drinkers find it hard to resist the urge, and have to drink their Coke to feel better. Please look at the numbers above, the illnesses, the side effects! This is very serious! We should be changing those numbers and reducing our sugar intake, parents also need to be wary of the high sugar intake of children! It's time to say NO!! to the urge!
Friday, August 31, 2012
Of course as we approach the months, we will begin to crave more comfort foods. This of course means that we will be eating calorie packed foods, which can result in weight gain, specially after Thanksgiving! During these times we have to remember, it's okay to indulge! We just have to eat in moderation, everything in moderation is good! When we over-indulge, then we begin to stray away from our path. Here are a few tips from EatRight.com to help us out during these comfort food filled upcoming seasons!
- If you plan on treating yourself later, start your day with a small meal that includes whole grains, fruit, dairy foods and protein like eggs, ham or peanut butter.
- Don't starve yourself beforehand. Rather, eat a small, lower-calorie meal or snack such as fruit or a bagel so you aren’t tempted to overdo your calorie intake for the day.
- Select carefully between foods you definitely will eat, those you will sample and those you will skip.
- Don’t rush to eat. Socialize and settle into the festivities before you eat.
- Move your socializing away from the buffet or appetizer trays. This will minimize the unconscious nibbling.
- When it comes to drinking alcohol, start with a calorie-free, nonalcoholic beverage. Satisfy your thirst before having an alcoholic drink. It is recommended that women have only one to two drinks per day and two to three drinks per day for men.