Monday, May 7, 2012

Beauty Starts from Within!

I wanted to talk about this because, I used to be one of those crazy make-up shoppers (MAC shopper, to be more exact),  that would spend hundreds on new make-up, moisturizers, and all that face mumbo jumbo.  But I noticed that the more stuff I put on my face, the more break-outs I would get, then I began to notice lines, and one day I looked at myself in the mirror and thought... "OMG! I look older than...my age!"  This is when I realized that all these beauty products were aging, and damaging my skin.  I began to do some research on the subject, make-up... and I was shocked to see what I found, most of these products are not regulated by the government, and as far as the cosmetics industry is concerned, they really don't care if the products they sell to their public are harmful, and I could see that when I found all of the ingredients they put in cosmetics.  I found they have Heavy Metals such as Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, Antimony,  Cadmium, Petroleum, Formaldehyde, Preservatives, Dyes and Nano Particles in our makeup!  These toxic ingredients can cause serious health problems! This is terrible!  I couldn't believe that I had been putting all of these harmful toxic chemicals on my face for so long.  So I decided that it was time for a change!

 I wanted to change these harmful habits and then I realized that it's all as simple as eating healthy.  Eating more fruits and vegetables.  I found several articles by dietitian Kimberly Snyder and I instantly fell in love with her amazing diet suggestions!  I learned that beauty, true beauty can only be acquired when we eat healthy and take care of our bodies.  What ever we put in will reflect on the outside, so if we put good and healthy food in, we will look and feel amazing!

Check out Kimberly Snyder's website, blog and book The Beauty Detox Solution to see her amazing suggestions!

And also watch this very interesting video about cosmetics made by the Story of Stuff Project!  

No comments:

Post a Comment